Russian Translation: 


©2015 - 2020,  |  Privacy Policy

Serving North East

Ohio since 1974

Youngstown:  330-792-6033 

21 N. Wickliffe Circle, Youngstown, OH  44515

Warren:  330-373-1011 

295 Harmon Ave. NW, Warren, OH  44482

Columbiana:  330-426-6900 


5001 Mayfield Rd.,  Cleveland, OH 44124

No Recovery. No Fees.

Personal Injury FAQs:

How long do I have to make a claim?

Generally speaking, under Ohio law you have two years from the date of your injury to bring a claim against the persons or entities whose negligence caused your injury. It is important to note, however, that some

types of claims are governed by a one year statute.

That is why you should contact Anzellotti, Sperling,

Pazol & Small as soon as possible after an

injury occurs to schedule a no-cost,

no-obligation consultation.

Our experienced personal

injury attorneys will evaluate your

case, make sure you are aware

of applicable time limits, and

provide you with our best

advice on how to proceed.

What type of damages may be recovered via a personal injury suit?

Plaintiffs may receive compensation for medical bills, past and future pain and suffering, past and future wage loss, and past and future out of pocket costs. In addition, you may be compensated for any permanent injury that is disfiguring, that limits your ability to go about your normal activities free from pain or discomfort, or that limits your ability to engage in daily activities either now or in the future.

What steps are involved in the SSDI process?

There may be as many as five steps involved. They are:

1. Complete the forms, make sure that you have gathered

and submitted all the information necessary, and submit

your claim.

2. While you may be awarded benefits when you first apply,

most claims are denied. If your claim is denied, you will then

have to file for reconsideration. Reconsideration is the stage

in the process in which you are least likely to be granted


3. If you are again denied, you must request a hearing in

front of an Administrative Law Judge. You must be prepared

to present medical evidence and you will have the

opportunity to tell the judge in your own words why you

can’t work.

4. If you are again denied, you have the right to bring your

claim before The Appeals Council. The Appeals Council

can also deny your claim or send the case back to an

Administrative Law Judge for another hearing. In some

instances, they will reverse the case quickly and order the

system to pay your claim.

5. If you lose at every stage of the administrative process,

you are entitled to file in the United States District Court.